Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Phnemonia, Seriously?

One would think, that before one finds out they have phnemonia that they would atleast have a cough. Or something. But nope, Ive bee really tired the last few days thats about it.

But yesterday morning i woke up feeling like i had a snake around my chest and like it was being pushed on from the top of my shoulders, my back and my ribs. I was having trouble breathing, and I was getting progressively more dizzy.

So by lunchtime i was really worried, everything was getting worse by the moment. So I called the clinic, and got told to call 911. I called donnie, and had him drive me ( after coming home, waking up the napping children, and getting me ) to the ER.

One of the first things they did was put me on Oxygen, and that made a huge difference. Of course, like usually I am a hard stick and we had iv issues. I dont know why they didnt do a chest xray, but they didnt. they did some bloodwork ( which they had a hell of a time getting ) and a head ct, and gave me some ativan, despite me assuring them that i was NOT having an anxiety attack.

ANyway, the bloodwork showed a possibility of a clot, so now we needed an IV and a chest ct. It took the dr herself 4 tries to get an iv in but we finally got it, and the chest ct showed us phnemonia, and aparently pleurisy. So i feel like crap, and am going back to bed.

Supposedly im gonna feel great by tomorrow, well see i guess. Either way bear with me if links are a little late and what not.

1 comment:

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

We put you in my prayers!!!!!!!!
I've had both & know how painful it can be!!!!!!!
TY so very much for DLs 7 & 6!!!!!!