Saturday, January 3, 2009

Im still here

Ive been reading the P & PT posted to me today, around the various places i visit, and do want to say thank you. They havent gone unnoticed, and they are appreciated.

Im ok. Or i will be. It will just take time. He was very sweet to me as he was leaving, and that helped. Lucas is also still blissfully unaware, and that helps too. Bri is doing good too, i think she also doesnt realize how long he is going to be gone yet. She seems to think hes just away for the day.

Ive finally gotten up the nerve to research his base, and also research the rumors of wi-fi we had been hearing. and from what ive found it looks like wi-fi is there and up and running, i even found one person make a comment that they were able to play wow on it, so that gives me lots of hope that communications will be much better than we had hoped for, and will help this time pass.

Im very tired, and spending lots of time in the bathroom, but i know this is just how my body deals with him leaving, and it was expected. In some ways it is a releif, because i dont have to dread it anymore . its here. now to just get it done with. 122 days and he will hopefully be on his way home. Depending on flights we should have him back the begining of may.

I know he loves me, and the kids. and he knows we love him. I will be hearing from him when he gets to his first airport tonight, and will try and update again soon.

thank you for the understanding, and the well wishes. they do mean a lot to me.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Both of my brothers were in Iraq at the same time four years ago. One brother didn't see much action, but one was a sniper and airborne ranger, so he was in the midst of it. Both of them were in contact more often than we expected. I'm not trying to compare that to having your husband over there, it's not even the same, but I think communications are better now than they were then, so I'm very optimistic.

I hope Donnie is able to keep in touch with you often enough you don't go insane with worry.

You know where I am if you need anything.

Ramona said...

I think you make a very good point about having the dread behind you. That can be huge and I'm glad that at least that step is past. It won't be easy, but you will get through it. You are an amazingly strong person! We are here for you, whatever you need. Have you thought about doing a paper chain? Maybe not for every day, but you could do a chain for each week and make it a tradition every Saturday morning to tear another one off. I don't know if it would help or not, but I thought I would throw it out there! Take care and let me know if you need anything!